Monday, November 11, 2019

Projects

Jim and I have talked a lot about the house since we moved in.  The previous owners started to re-side it with vinyl siding.  The back and part of the sides are done.  The front has the old siding on it and they had done a fairly sad job of painting the old wood siding white.  We have kicked around what to do with it.  I do not really like the vinyl siding, but ripping off fairly new siding seems wrong.  We decided to go ahead and paint the wood siding and see if we thought it looked ok and then at some point in the future, we can re-side the whole thing.  Thus, it became a project weekend.  Our dogs love to lay beside the front door.  It is a good place for them to lay too, because it is covered from the weather and it is shady most of the day.  That means that the side of the house is always muddy though.  I told Jim the only way I wanted to paint it is if we could do it in dirty dog brown.  He agreed, and he even picked the color.  I think it is pretty!  And almost exactly the same color as the dirty dogs!  

I really like how it turned out.  I had a lot of help.  Mallory came out and traded painting around the trim for some hamburger!  I let Quincy do the ladder parts and Harper did the very bottom trim boards.  We knocked it out, but it took the better part of our Sunday!  I bought paint for re-doing the basement also, but at this point, my arms are sore and I am not ready to think about it!  :)  


Colin is moving to Wichita next weekend.  Mallory had a moving away party for him.  It was 2 years ago when Madison decided to move to Mesa.  We all cried and were sad, but now we can see that it worked out amazingly well (I am happy as heck she is back though).  We are happy for Colin landing his dream job, and super happy that he will be in the state still!  Wichita isn't that far away.  No tears were shed.  We all had a really nice time at Mallory's too!  

Jim just can't go a weekend without a fire!  After we got home from Mallory's, he decided to burn a couple of the brush piles.  Saige was right by his side....right after she located her hidden away bag of marshmallows!  
After the painting, I still had to fulfill a promise I made to Saige.  She had asked to get a "short" haircut.  I was amused because she told me that she needed 7 inches cut from her hair.  She has never really had short hair before.  I like her new look, but I was a little sad about cutting her hair off.  She has beautiful hair!  The neighbor girl came over and I cut all her hair off as well.  It was a short hair Sunday night!  

It is hard to believe that we spend the weekend outside in shorts, painting.  This morning it is icy, snowy and 18 degrees.  I personally did not have a hard time getting around on the bus route, but I spent the whole morning thinking they should have called off school.  The roads were slick.  There was a fatality accident by the nursing home this morning due to the road conditions.  I am saddened that a child from our school district was killed.  I pray we can get everyone home safely this evening.  I am thankful that the basketball game I was supposed to drive to was cancelled.  




No comments:

Post a Comment