Friday, November 1, 2019

Halloween 2019

Everyone already knows Halloween is my favorite.  Absolutely the best day of the year.  My children know this, and some of them dress up and send me pictures to make my day.  Mallory was Fiona.  She did this in true teacher style, letting her kids have an essay writing contest to help her choose a costume, making a comparison chart with the essays, voting,  and some other lessons.  She is truly good at what she does and she loves her job.  She better be careful with this type of project...some year she may get a really trashy 2nd grade class and have to dress as a stripper or something.  :)  

This kid was super sad because she had a basketball game on Halloween.  She asked her coach if she could play on the B team because she wanted to get done early.  She was granted her wish, and played the entire B game, and then still suited up and played 2 quarters of the A game as well....she should be careful what she wishes for!  She wanted me to call the school and tell them it is a holy day.  You know, because she is the holiest kid in the school and all.  :)  Our church is having mass for the holy day tonight, so she was actually able to both go to her game, and attend mass.  Careful Quincy - your eyes could get stuck like that!  

GG took Evelyn to the nursing home to trick or treat.  Apparently, the residents exhausted her!  I am not sure I have ever seen her fall asleep so quickly!  

Preston proclaimed that he is too old for Halloween and trick or treating.  He spent the evening at his friend's house playing video games.  I made him take a picture anyway.  He wanted to spend the night, but hello Preston....you are grounded!  :)  

My trick or treaters.  My crowd was pretty thin.  Harper wanted to be a hippy.  That should be an easy costume, but wigs are hot, itchy, slide around, don't stay in place and a multitude of other problems.  Halfway though the night, I did talk her into just parting her own hair down the middle and wearing the head band.  Saige was a dog.  She was so excited about being a dog that she was just bouncing.  Between the grouchy wig wearer, and the bouncing dog, it was an interesting evening.  

Evie was a frog.  Her grandma Rachel hates frogs.  This was absolutely done on purpose!  She sure is a cute little frog!  I just love her!  


We went to trunk or treat, and then the girls walked around town doing the traditional trick or treating.  They only lasted about an hour and we were ready to head home!  They had a great time, got a ton of candy, and were pretty happy overall.  I fell on the ice yesterday, and learned that I can indeed do the splits.  I never plan on doing them again, but knowing I can is an accomplishment.  I was in a little bit of pain last night and ended up following the girls in the van.  I am sure my shouts from the van of "knock on the door" and "go to the next house" were very much appreciated by all the neighborhoods that we visited!  


Jim attended Quincy's game while we were trick or treating.  He said she played really well, and even kept up her tackling skills from football season.  He said she even scored some points....she then went trick or treating with her friends, who were all dressed alike.  I do not profess to know what this is.  I am glad that she still wants to go do the kids stuff, and equally glad she got to go with her friends even if it was for a very short time.  

When I was in Manhattan a couple weekends ago, I took Cameron some groceries including a cake mix, frosting and some Halloween sprinkles.  He said that he and Lauren had fun making cupcakes and that they even turned out pretty well.  He had a busy Halloween, as he had class, then a senate meeting, made a presentation there, and then had to work.  He sent me several photos from his day.  He was excited to be the costume contest announcer at work.  He dressed as David S. Pumpkins.  If you don't know what that is, go ahead and google it.  Then force yourself to watch the video from Saturday Night Live no less than 2095 times and then you will fully appreciate why I groaned when I saw him dressed this way.  


I call Halloween 2019 a glaring success.  I never saw what Colin dressed up as though.  I better send him a text and see what is up!  I thoroughly enjoyed myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment