Saturday, November 14, 2020

A week in the trenches


It was a week of meetings, follow-ups, covid updates, and basic insanity.  Jim has a week once a month where he has park and rec, city council,  city court, planning and zoning, and probably more meetings that I am forgetting.  Although his city council meeting got moved, he had meetings every single night this week.  I had a township meeting, and since Preston and Quincy are planning to play winter sports, there were meetings about that as well.  Add in kid activities, and work and I am done for the week!   Always happy to see a weekend show up!   Like everyone else I am sure!   

Saturday is Saige’s birthday.  Grandma gave her a camera she was wanting, as well as a giant can of Parmesan cheese!  Grandma knows this kid!  Saige was so excited to eat some of her cheese on her birthday pizza.   






Mrs. Wells shared a lot of pictures this week. Saige is doing a lot of project based learning and she loves it.  This week they made s’mores, had a fun Friday and attended a Veteran’s  day parade (outside).  I’m happy that Mrs. Wells shares pictures since the year is weird and parents largely being excluded due to covid protocol. 

I know that morning is not everyone’s favorite time of the day, and I am no exception when it comes to my desire to sleep in!   I do enjoy my morning alone time.  I have to drive around 15 minutes before I pick up my first kid.   Plenty of time for morning prayers, a moment of quiet, a little deep thinking, and a huge appreciation for the wonder of God’s great earth.  As covid cases continue to increase, and the talks have started about shutting stuff back down, I am abundantly thankful for all that I have been given.  Our school district now has multiple cases, something like 90 people quarantined, including several staff and teachers.  The superintendent sent out a warning email saying that it was getting difficult to function, and that we may end up having to go to remote learning.  He begged people to follow protocol, and wear a mask.  This is more difficult than it should he considering that we are in the middle of tRump country.  These people still think it is a hoax.  Or that it is a political game, or that the death rate is grossly exaggerated to stoke fear and gain control over us.  Meantime, hospitals are filling up, healthcare workers are begging people to take this seriously, and people are sick.   It is the most elaborate “hoax” of all time.  (Inset eye roll).  I like to think of myself as being accepting of people despite their views, but I am exhausted from just uttering the phrase “that isn’t how it works” hundreds of times a day.  You cannot build herd immunity to a disease you can catch more than once.  You cannot cure the town with the vitamin supplements you sell.  You cannot decide that you don’t have to quarantine when the county orders it    You are not having your rights violated by being asked to wear a mask.  And so much more.  It is exhausting.  Their  kids are repeating their narrative.  It is the craziest, most disturbing thing I have ever seen.  
And seriously Jack, your life is not one that the government is interested in tracking.  Not to mention you have a phone, a bank account, a job, a social security number, a loan.  What other information would anyone need?   It’s already done. 














Grandma sent Saige's birthday gift home with her.  there is no love like  Saige’s love for “Stinky cheese.” Tonight, Saige had her friend Lylah over to celebrate her special day.  They are pretty good kids and I get a kick out of them.  

They were putting on quite. Show.  Including singing “oh Saige can you see? If you can’t then you’re blind!!” And others.  Evelyn was here for a little bit.  We got a kick out her dancing to their crazy songs!  Always has to be in on what the kids are doing!  

Thankfully, the week ended and gave us the weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment