Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Good news and catching up.






Quincy passed her driving test today and officially has her farm permit!   She was a nervous mess, but she did it!   I am thankful for Jim, who took off work, took her driving around for a while, and then took her to the DMV.  Only 2 more kids to go through this process with!  Of course, with Preston already driving to school, she doesn’t really need to drive.  But sometimes the real victory is just in knowing that you can.  

Last spring, Preston needed a project in his shop class.  I talked him into building us a new dining room table. The table we have is bar height and I hate it!   He agreed, and got started on the bottom....and then covid hit.  His teacher let him keep the table in the shop so he could finish it this year.  Today he sent me these pictures. It is everything I wanted and turned out so beautiful!   It just needs varnish and then we can bring it home!  I have huge plans for redoing our dining room!   I just have to figure out the right ways to get Jim excited about my plans.  I’m sure once I tell him all my visions he will jump up and down with excitement!  
This evening, we had our last RE class for a few weeks.  I am both relieved because I have been worried about someone getting sick due to it being difficult to social distance in rooms that were not set up for it, and sad.   I like this group of kids, and I will miss doing all of the holiday stuff with them.  We did send some activities home, but is just isn’t the same thing.  This year is definitely a year for disappointments.  
This week Preston and Quincy started winter sports.  Preston is trying out for the basketball team.  Quincy has joined the women’s wrestling team.  I have no idea how long it will last, if they will end up with actual opponents, or if it is even remotely a good idea.   I have a feeling it will be short lived and then cancelled.  

We are also excited about Cameron moving home for a few weeks while KSU is on remote.  I doubt he is as excited as we are!   We haven’t seen much of him this semester because he has been very cautious.  We have missed him. Lauren too, hoping we can all catch up over the holidays. (The extremely scaled down holidays).  

No comments:

Post a Comment