Sunday, November 22, 2020

Langsgiving








Pretty much my entire life, we have had Langsgiving the Sunday before Thanksgiving.  Usually it is an affair with all of my cousins, aunts and uncles.  My grandma started this when I was a kid so that we could all be together for one day, and it allowed her children a way to go to their in-laws for Thanksgiving.  I love this tradition and am happy that I can carry it on.  Last year we had about 50 people here. This year though, covid made it unsafe.  We decided to skip it.  This was the day though, that all of our kids could be together.   And so we had an extremely scaled down version.  I  am so thankful that we could be together and spend a day celebrating our family.  

Our incredibly competitive kids even played a kick ball game and there was no bloodshed.  I’m so proud!  

It was a day that I felt incredibly blessed.  One of the teachers at the kids school, one who Quincy absolutely loves is very sick with Covid.  They were deciding about putting her on a ventilator today. I pray she will make a full recovery.  This is not what should be happening during the holidays. I pray also that our family will all stay safe.   I know that the country is growing weary, but we need to stay strong until a vaccine is available.  

No comments:

Post a Comment