Monday, November 23, 2020

Remote- day 1








With Covid cases soaring in our county, the kid’s school went remote.  Really, they have several teachers out, one in ICU, and very few subs, they really didn’t have much of a choice.  I believe I will be driving the bus next week though, as they still have to offer in-person school for special needs kids.  For this week, though we aren’t driving or going in.   The kids were not excited about this at all.  They hated remote school last spring.  They like going to school for the most part.  I was sort of laughing to Jim, when I was a kid if someone had said I could stay home for 2 weeks, I would have been happy.  Heck, even this time last year, our own kids would have been happy.  But after last year, they were sad.  Harper even said she hoped that Thanksgiving break did not end up like spring break did last year!  While I understand their sadness, I really feel like it is a good decision. 

When I got home at noon from work, I was told that their homeschool teacher, Carlos made things go smoothly today.  Preston was done except for his PE requirement of doing push-ups and sit ups.  Quincy was done except for reading something, Saige was completely done, and Harper only had an art assignment left.  I am proud of them for jumping in and getting their work done.  We had the conversations about just doing their best, and I would help when I got home.   Cameron said he helped Saige a little bit with her math, but other than that they did it all by themselves.  

Evelyn was so happy when we got home from work and they were here!   Usually we have to go through the whole list.  Saige??? Saige is at school.   Bubba??  Bubba is at school.  Today she just clapped and was so happy!   Sort of made me feel like chopped liver!   

No comments:

Post a Comment