Saturday, November 28, 2020

Love me a break












I try to make dental appointments and that sort of thing when the kids are off on breaks as much as I can.  They hate this.  After all, who wants to get dental work done when you could be vegging out?!?!   We recently found out that all of the dental work we have had done in the last 10 or so years was not done very well.  Sub-grade plastic fillings and poorly done drilling are among the things we have found so far. We have switched to a new dentist.  I have a tremendous amount of guilt over this.  After all, I have religiously taken the kids to the dentist.  To find out that they were all in pain, all had bad fillings, broken teeth, and several other problems makes me feel bad. Quincy recently thanked me, she said she can actually chew without pain now.  When you think you are doing the right thing, it is hard to swallow that you failed.  Saige had to have 2 baby teeth pulled and a replacement filling, Harper got a replacement filling.  We are getting close to having them back to in good shape.  Never again will I not check things closer.  It also shows how my kids just don’t complain much.  Quincy had a broken tooth, several bad fillings and a cracked tooth and never really said much to me about it.  Until it was fixed.  

I am rarely home when Jim is getting ready in the morning.  Apparently though, he has this tradition of sharing his breakfast with a bunch of critters.  They literally line up and he feeds them.   He is the most soft hearted man I know.  It also kind of cracks me up.  If the parrot stopped biting him, he would probably share his breakfast with him as well!  This is the man who has never been the one to decide to bring these animals home. He just quietly makes them into his pets. Ollie was also sharing the breakfast but moved before I got the camera aimed.   Now I know why we go through so much breakfast food!  I was also amused because Tuesday morning, Jim announced he was getting in the shower.  Evelyn perked right up and said gummies?   Jim then proceeded to give her a gummy vitamin c.  Also apparently a morning ritual around here.   

We had time for manis and pedis.  We had time for some baking.  We found out that we have the premium movie channels for the weekend, so we have had movie dates. We may have even taken naps.  It has been delightful.  

Tomorrow is the last day of the break.  Tomorrow is the first day of advent.  I am never ready.  Ever.  But I guess I better put on my big girl pants and embrace the season.  

No comments:

Post a Comment