Monday, November 9, 2020

The weekend








Friday morning, I talked to Colin on the phone. He told me he was getting ready to go to the lake to go boating and fishing with a friend.  A couple hours later, he told me he was on his way to Holton to watch Gavin play in the playoffs.  Cameron was driving over as well.   Gavin’s team did not win.  I was told that Gavin was a monster on the field, making a lot of good things happen and working his tail off.  They had a great time watching!   It is his last game of his senior year.  
Of course that meant that Colin had some time to come by and hang out with us.  We smoked some ribs, and he took Saige shopping for oil changing supplies.  We also watched the cats game.   Cameron was at the game. He was there with an old school friend and Lauren.  It was not their best game ever, but we had fun hanging out.  

And the best part of the weekend was when I came in from checking the smoker to the news that Joe Biden was named as president elect.  Seriously, I am so relieved.   Maybe we can move forward as a country.  Maybe we can heal, maybe get covid under control. Maybe be kinder to each other.  I hope so anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment