Thursday, February 18, 2021

Back to school kiddies








The kids haven’t been to school all week.  This actually worked out ok, because Preston had an appointment Wednesday morning for a root canal in Lawrence.  Jim had been at work until literally 2:00 am because of multiple water line breaks, and then got up and went back at 5.   Usually, I would have had to drive the bus,and  getting him there would have been a nightmare, but school was cancelled.  Side note- the city water line issues have been brutal.  Jim has been at work for literally 45 of the last 48 hours.  There have been multiple breaks and it has been nightmarish.  The kids all have to go back to school today except for Saige because Overbrook still has water lines broken, a boil advisory for the parts restored and so going to school is not happening.  She is remote again.   
Anyway, my original thought was that Preston and I had to hit the road yesterday morning early because the roads were craptastic.  We took the back roads to Lawrence, which takes us over the back side of Clinton Lake.  The lake is completely frozen over.  In my life, I have never seen this.  I have seen it frozen around the edges, but never clear across the lake.  It’s been cold ladies and gentlemen!   I forced Preston to take pictures because I left my phone at home!  

Preston’s procedure went well.  He is having minimal pain.  We have all missed Evelyn.  I hope this weather goes back north  where it belongs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment