Friday, February 26, 2021

That’s the end.











Preston played his final game of the season last night at Iola.  His team won and since I got to drive them, I made it in time to watch!   Geez Iola is a long drive!    
Preston is a good player.  He knows the plays, stays in position and he is quick and hustles.  He didn’t have much fun this season.   I would be lying if I said I didn’t know why.  And since this is my blog, and I can say what I want, I will place the blame squarely on the coaching staff.   I’m never going to tell you that my kids are the best players on the team. They aren’t.  But they are good.  I watched this happen with Cameron, and now with Preston. This coach takes kids who are good and when he is done with them, they believe they are terrible.   They have no confidence left, and no desire to ever touch a basketball again.  I am not the only one who sees this, not the only one who has a child who has experienced it.  I’m not angry, but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed.   Unfortunately, the complaints have fallen on deaf ears.   I believe this will be Preston’s last high school game.  And it’s ok.  He will be successful in his life, and overall that is what is the most important.  

And now, winter sports are all done and we move forward into new and different places to run.  

No comments:

Post a Comment