Sunday, February 14, 2021

Valentine’s weekend


Ahhh Valentine’s Day.  A day or weekend  for romantic get aways, candlelit dinners, flowers and hearts. Unless you have kids.  This year is an improvement over what usually happens (think cold and flu season).  This year, I drove a bus to basketball to watch Preston’s team take on Osawatomie.  The weather was so cold that we could not shut off the buses for fear of them gelling up and not getting home.   I am on record with saying that somehow leaving a bus running while I watched a game made me nervous.  I guess all those lectures about responsibility when I was a kid are still in there.   I watched Preston and the girls game and then I couldn’t stand it any longer, so I sat on the bus and  read a book.  We made it home and I was very glad.  Polar vortex  weather and diesel vehicles are just not a good mixture.  


Lack of concessions at a lot of the places (due to covid) means packing dinner.  I discovered my new favorite snack.  I’m sure they aren’t healthy, but they are easy to transport.  


Preston (#10 in blue) has a hard time seeing the good he does, and instead focuses on how he messed up.  That is just his nature.  He played well though and I am not just saying that because I’m his mom!  I’m glad I got to watch him! 


Saige and Harper were excited to spend the night at grandma’s house.  They were hoping to help with calves.  It has been a terrible time to have babies, and grandma has been very busy blow drying babies before they go back with their moms.  They were not disappointed and they even gave a new calf a name I was told.  I wish this weather would go away. It’s too hard on everything. 

Colin and Spencer cancelled their trip up this weekend.  I am sad not to see them, but happy not to have to worry about them traveling.  I hope I get to meet Cash before he’s a full grown doggy!  

Quincy had regional wrestling yesterday.  It was the first time this season that Jim and I got to both go at the same time.  Quincy wrestled hard and ended up in 3rd place.  She is learning and  getting better all the time.  She is also pretty hard on herself.  She advances to sub-state next week. We are tickled for her.  



























Where there was not any real romance, we are extremely blessed.  I am surrounded by the best Valentines all the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment