Monday, February 8, 2021

Mallory and Madison are 25!


Today is Mallory and Madison’s 25th birthday.  Mallory has followed her dreams into teaching and I am consistently told what an amazing teacher she is.  She is good with the kids, genuinely loves teaching, and has a passion for doing it well.  It is really amazing to watch her in her dream job.  Madison is rocking wife/motherhood and although I don’t think lunch lady was her dream job, she does take great pride in making good food for people.  She is always looking for ways to do things better, and I know she works very hard because I am told that she is a great asset to the school.  I love that they get to spend their days working in the same place.  
These girls have always made my life easy.  They were good kids and now they are good adults.  I love them both so much and am very blessed to have them as my daughters.  











They were both hoping for a snow day today.  That didn’t happen.  Although I wish it would have.  Today was not, by far the worst road day I have ever had.  It was absolutely terrible anyway.  There was freezing drizzle.  The bus heaters, defrosters, fans all blowing as high and as hot as I could set them did not even come close to keeping the windshield cleared off.  I had a hard time seeing.  At one point, I got out of the bus, and since I can’t reach the windshield I used my broom to shake the wipers loose of their ice. Unfortunately, the driver’s side wiper flew off.  Luckily, I was only a mile or so from home when this happened.   I just turned in our driveway, took the kids on a small detour and  begged Jim for help.  Thank God for giving me a tall husband!!   Jim got me back together and I was only about 5 minutes later than normal. It all worked out, but I hope I never have another day like it.  
Sorry you didn’t get you snow day girls.  Happy birthday anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment