Thursday, March 18, 2021

One of them days









Jim had a colonoscopy this morning early.  We moved around our morning routine.  Preston agreed to drive him, Andrew met me in Carbondale, and Quincy agreed to get Saige on the bus and drive Harper to school.   We all got up early, had chores done and everyone was dressed, brushed and ready to go.  The plan was seamless. And then I turned onto our road to pick up Saige on the bus.   Quincy had made a decision to turn around in a field entrance below our house rather than just turning around on the road.  She also decided it would be amazing if she backed it on in there.  Yea....she missed.  It has rained about 3 inches in the last couple days.  I came upon her and she was pretty upset with herself.  The big problem was that I didn’t have time to help her, and everyone else was gone.  I dropped her off at the house, and told her I’d be back to help her.  She could just be late today.  Harper would also be late.  I came back.  I have literally towed dozens of vehicles out of ditches in my lifetime.  I wasn’t mad or upset with Quincy, but she was beating herself up over it.  We couldn’t find any place on this truck to hook a chain.  The whole thing is plastic, or weirdly placed.  I was clueless.    Luckily for me, I have a friend from my childhood who owns a tow truck service.  Jagger has saved our bits on so many occasions!   He even does it fairly cheap (because he knows I’ll be calling him more times than we can count in the future!).  I’m pretty sure I have paid for at least one of his kids college!   Really all that matters is that the truck is no longer in a ditch, Quincy was not hurt, Saige did not miss the bus, and the truck wasn’t hurt either.  All’s well that ends well.   Quincy then asked if she and Harper could just stay home today.  They haven’t really missed any days this year, so I let them.  They helped me entertain Evie while I shampooed the carpet.   Jim’s colonoscopy went well, Preston had no trouble getting him there and back, and he is feeling good, and resting comfortably.  This week needs to end though, because the adventures are starting to be a little bit annoying. 

The girls did have fun playing with Evie.  She got muddy playing with goats, Quincy fixed her hair, Harper did her makeup, and they all gave Poppy a hard time.   Madison may or may not have wanted to choke us all when she came to pick her up!   

Poppy has been binge watching the Rockford Files.  We are all hoping he finishes soon because there were a lot of seasons, and Rockford is only good in small doses.  Poppy thought it was awesome when Evie watched it in  what he thought was amazed fascination.  The rest of us thought it was stunned horror.  Whatever. She’s cute, she can do what she wants.   One more day until we hit a weekend. I am praying for a low key, easy going, no eventful occurrences day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment