Saturday, March 27, 2021

Wrestling banquet and Down time












Quincy had her wrestling banquet this week.  Although it was not the usual affair with a dinner and dessert, it was nice to be able to recognize the kids for all their hard work this season. I can’t say enough good things about this program, the coaches, or how much I enjoy this sport.  I am proud of Quincy and her team.  They  were also the state champion academic team.  Pretty cool!  

Andrew passed his CDL test and had been working on getting through his training. This has meant for some different hours for Evie, and although she is easy going and mostly a happy kid, she was tired a couple of days this week.   She is good about getting her blanket and taking a nap!  
Also this week, Jim got his covid shot. He was super lucky and got the Johnson and Johnson shot, so he is done and fully vaccinated after one shot.  Getting closer to normalcy.   

The kids had Friday off school.  Quincy had softball practice and then asked to go fishing.  I said yes, but only if she would deliver some stuff to grandma’s house on her way.  That lead into fishing with Clayton and Rusty!  They had fun I think.  

Since the girls were off fishing, and Preston was taking a nap, I had the house basically to myself.  I decided to make my grandma’s twinkies.  It had been a long time since I made them, and although not difficult, they are time consuming.  I was happy to have a day to putter around the kitchen. I love to cook, I rarely seem to have time to do much more than basic meal making.   The kitchen is my happy place for sure.  I miss my grandma.  I spent hours in her kitchen growing up. She always had some project going.   Looking back, I think she was working, canning vegetables, making jellies and putting foods in the freezer. To me it wasn’t work, it was fun!  Maybe I wasn’t really helping her, maybe it was a pain in her rump having to trip over us, but she always made it seem like she loved having us there with her.   She always made everyone feel loved and welcomed.  

Little life lesson.  Parrots are not really the best pets.  Sure, they are beautiful and funny, they  are smart and some can be sweet.  This one isn’t sweet.  He requires a lot of time and attention.   He sometimes gets so loud it makes your ears bleed.  I think about rehoming him sometimes.  But overall, I like him, even though he is loud, and he bites, he also makes me laugh.  Maybe someday he will like me back.  It’s basically a battle of wills at this point, and although Jim would tell you I am stubborn, in this battle I am not winning.   

No comments:

Post a Comment