Sunday, March 28, 2021

Need more















 
It’s Palm Sunday.  The beginning of Holy Week, and the start of a week of craziness for us.  Jim will be away at a conference, Chief will be going back to his house, Quincy has a couple of nights of softball games, we have multiple church events, added to the normal weekly stuff.   To say I am sad to see the weekend ending is a severe understatement.  I need more days in my weekend.  

This has been a very good/productive weekend though.   Looking at the week ahead inspired me to get a lot done.   Without proper preparations, we will not make it.   We got the house cleaned, laundry done, pets cleaned out, grocery shopping done, Easter supplies purchased and still had Sunday dinner.  
A few weeks ago, I made a terrible error with the chemicals in our fish tank.  The result was catastrophic.  Quincy and I did a complete water change and fixed everything.  This weekend we purchased a few test feeder fish.  They are what the kids are calling “sacrificial fish.”   So far, they are still swimming and seem happy.  Water problems solved I hope!   I have always had a weird love for goldfish.  Maybe because they are cheap, maybe because they are pretty, and easy to keep alive, but they make me very happy.   The kids are happy as well.  

I posted that parrots aren’t the best pets.  I know one that is worse, however!   This hedgehog!   She smells bad, has a bad temperament, and is a general a$$hole with her growling as grumbling warnings.  Quincy loves her though!   Today she even uncurled herself and let us see her face, a rarity!  

If you are looking for sweetness, the barn is the place to go for sure!   These babies are getting big!  

Mallory made the main dish for Sunday dinner.  We enjoyed hanging out, started on getting the pool ready, and dreamed of warm summer evenings floating around and relaxing. Just a few weeks to go!   The weekend always leaves too soon.  Wish us luck for survival with our sanity in place!   

No comments:

Post a Comment