Sunday, March 21, 2021

Much needed









Last week was an all inclusive vacation to my insanity.  I needed the weekend.  Of course, it went by too fast, but I do feel more positive and ready to face a new week.  Thursday night, Preston played on a dodgeball team for a fundraiser at his school.   He walked in the door and Jim asked him if his team won.  Preston responded with “we won in our hearts!”   Well alrighty then!  Sometimes these kids really do crack me up.  

Colin and Spencer came up for the weekend.  Colin told me that Spencer wanted to come do some fishing. I am positive that isn’t what she said, but I was happy to see them anyway.  Colin, Preston and Andrew spent the day fishing.  Spencer went for a little while, but then came back and hung out with Mallory, Madison, Evelyn and me.   My cousin Brenda came for a visit as well. Madison left for work, and Andrew and Evie ate dinner with us.   We had played outside all afternoon, and Evie ended up falling asleep in her high chair!   It was a fun day for everyone!  

We had 9 dogs at our house this weekend.  Our dogs are exhausted from running and playing.  Mallory attempted to get a “cousin” photo while she was dog sitting last night.  We didn’t even attempt to have 9 dogs sit together!  


We had Sunday dinner, and It was finally dry enough for Evie to feed her baby.   She loves this little goat!   He is a sweet little guy!   

Colin went through Manhattan on his way back this afternoon.  He sent me this picture.  It makes me so happy that they love being together.  
The younger 2 girls and I went shopping today.   Quincy needed some stuff for her ball uniform, but she was at work today.  She was actually happy with the stuff we picked out.  That doesn’t always happen with teenagers!   I didn’t get all of the errands done that I started out with, but town was a crazy place today and I wasn’t feeling it.  
This week, we return to the business of kids playing ball, games and practices.  We are ready now!  We can do this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment