Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Q’s up to bat. Whatta ya think of that?









Quincy played in her first game of her freshman year last night.  There was a stiff breeze from the straight north.  It was by far, not the worst game I have ever sat through weather wise, but I was still ready for it to end so I could warm up!  She played so well!  She spent her night on 2nd base.  At one point, she made a double play, and she had a few other outs as well.  She also had one nail biter where I guarantee you that if instant replay was a thing for high school ball, that girl was out!  :)  She had a couple of great at bats, and a couple of strike outs as well.  In the past, Quincy has played at pitcher or 3rd base.  I have seen her play shortstop a time or two, but I don't believe I have seen her play at 2nd before.  She did great!  I do love watching my kids do the stuff they love.  

Because I was cold, and they play double headers, and we are practicing social distancing, I had a lot of time to think.   I know the photo quality isn't great, but do you see my daughter's pants?  These are brand new!  They are already stained.  Our high school's team colors are red and blue.  Do white pants look very sharp with their uniforms?  Yes!  Does that mean we should choose to wear white pants?  Absolutely NOT!  White ball pants should not be a thing.  Ever!  It goes right along with white carpet (seriously this should not even be a thing), and white wrestling singlets.  I am sure that you understand the white carpet and ball pants are for cleanliness reasons, and the wrestling singlets....shiver.  I am all for less rules and regulations in life, but these should just be done for the common good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment