Sunday, April 4, 2021

Holy Week was a kick in the pants












Last weekend, as I was finishing my weekly bunch of junk to be ready for the week ahead, I was worried that the week was going to be a crazy mess.   Crazy doesn’t even begin to describe how the last week was for us.  We had games, extra bus duties, holy days, Jim was gone, and then regular work and school stuff as well. Crazy isn’t a bold enough word.  Last week was garbage.  I started out thinking we would muster through.  By Wednesday I wasn’t so sure.  Quincy got in some trouble at school.  She ended up with a 5 day “vacation” and disappointed parents.  We love her, but she messed up.  It wasn’t what we needed in this week.  We still managed to survive.  By the time we got to Good Friday, I was done.   I was happy the weekend finally got here!  

 We went to Good Friday mass, and then came home to wait for Colin and Spencer to arrive.  They got here just in time to help us dye eggs.  

Spencer brought Carlos a new dog toy.  This cracks me up.  Carlos loves it. 
We stayed up really late visiting.  It was nice to get caught up and feel a little bit of relaxation.  I am thankful they were able to spend the weekend here.  

Saige asked for an ant farm a few weeks ago.  She has been dutifully checking the mail waiting for her ants to arrive.  It was awesome she was off school Friday when they arrived.  We have had an ant farm before, but this time was different.  They arrived in a vial with a chunk of carrot.  The carrot must have rolled around inside the vial, and several are missing legs or were killed in shipping.  Saige wasn’t real happy about that!  We have been enjoying the ones who lived through the transport, so interesting!  


No comments:

Post a Comment