Monday, April 19, 2021

Insufficient weekend











Madison and Andrew had a little weekend getaway to Kansas City this weekend.  I love these pictures.  When they came for Sunday dinner, Evie was so excited to tell us about the aquarium (quarim). She loves shish (fish)!   I am glad they got to go!
As for the rest of us, Jim had to work at the citywide clean up.  He was cracking us all up with his story of how it went well until the very end when a person showed up with a trailer load of cat poop items.  He was thankful for a backhoe being there to unload it!   The 4-H flower planting event got postponed due to the bipolar Kansas weather forecast of snow this week!  That was fine with me, as i then had my Saturday free for other projects!   We worked pretty hard preparing for the upcoming week, in which we have a sloppily laid out plan for tackling all of the junk that is on the calendar.   Preston worked the entire weekend.  He has his usual Saturday job at the vineyard, and he is helping a friend of a friend gut a house.   Last night, he asked me if he could stay home on Monday.   I asked him why.  He responded “insufficient weekend!”   I felt that in the core of my soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment