Friday, April 9, 2021

Finally Friday












Whew!  I wasn’t sure we were going to make it to the weekend!  It was a long, long week.  Much better than last week, but still long.  Andrew had a couple of overnight work trips this week and every morning was early for this girl.   She seemed to adapt to it ok.  One morning she did take a 3 hour nap though!   I love when she peeks over my desk and says “hewwo Grammy!”   It absolutely melts my heart!   

Bus drivers are in a group that are occasionally given random drug tests.  Except for me, I get called every. Single.  Time.   I got called again this quarter!   This is the 4th time this year.  I believe I was called 3 out of 4 times last year!   It is good that I don’t do use drugs!   While my bosses were at my office with the tester (because GG got called too, so they were nice and utilized my office for the testing), Evie told us that she is a bus driver.  My boss told her she is hired.  She took her new job seriously!   Although I think their desperation for drivers might be a little over the top!  Evie kept saying “my drive it!”   Maybe next year, or whenever you can actually reach the gas kid!  

Cameron was sworn in as the KSU student body Vice President.  He has a lot of responsibilities and also a few perks.  We are very proud of him!  

The last 21 days of school, Saige’s class has incubated some Rhode Island Red eggs.  They hatched this week.  Saige got to bring home 2 of the babies!  She named them March Madness and Gonzaga.   We will be getting a load of broilers for the freezer next week, so the timing works out great!   Because 2 little chicks  is not enough, we also ran to Orscheln’s and got 12 more little pullets!   I am very proud of the fact that we left there without the cute, sweet little baby ducks!   (Good job us!). We are borrowing grandma’s chicken house, something we appreciate!  Now let’s just hope it doesn’t get too cold!   
We picked up groceries.  Eighteen months ago, if you told me I would order groceries for pick up, I would have laughed and said never!   But honestly, it is the best time saver!   I think I save money as well!   Quincy mentioned that it is life saving- literally!  She said “when I think of all the time I have spent miserably stumbling around the store I feel sad for the time I’ll never get back!”   She’s hilarious.  
We have a few small things to do this weekend, but I’m super happy to have our errands done!  

No comments:

Post a Comment