Sunday, April 4, 2021

Easter!











We had a truly great Easter!   We got up early and attended mass as a family. Preston was the reader.  He does a fantastic job.  It was a great mass, and I am so thankful that this Easter is not like last year.   I missed going to church on Easter Sunday morning and having all the kids home. 
We all headed to grandma’s for an outside picnic day.  It was the first time we have all been together since Christmas 2019.  It was much needed and amazing. I am so thankful that we could do this.  I am especially thankful  that all of my kids and their significant others were able to come from everywhere to celebrate Easter with us.  It was just what my soul needed.  I feel like this week will be a huge improvement over last week and things are going to be awesome.  
Grandma has been buying the kids kites for Easter for as long as I can remember. She has also managed to keep them hunting for eggs, even into their adulthoods because of a contest to find a money egg.   Saige may have cheated (although that was never proven) and she was the golden egg winner.  Since there was a loud discussion over whether she cheated, a second golden egg was hidden. Harper was the second golden egg winner, and was very happy to beat Cameron and Garrett who have been known to throw down people who got on their way when searching for golden eggs.  So much fun and amazing family traditions.   I am thankful and blessed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment