Saturday, May 8, 2021

Catch up

















This week we did a lot of running, a lot of catching up, some stuff that we have been meaning to get to, and some “motivational” speaking about the end of the year school work that still needs to be done.  
Evie loves it when it is time to go outside for any reason.  Post office, bank, a trip up the street to see poppy, or even taking the trash out.  She is ready to go!  I was laughing to Jim that since the Pride planted their annual wave petunias in the pots down town, it now takes me 20 minutes to walk to the post office because we have to stop to smell every single pot!  I love that she is so enthusiastic about flowers! 

This was teacher and I guess staff appreciation week.  My boss brought me a chocolate covered caramel apple.  Evelyn wanted it.   I thought I would share it with her.  That was a highly insulting thought to have!   By the time Madison got there to pick her up, she was a chocolate covered caramel kid!   

My nephew, Gavin had a game at overbrook this week.  We miraculously had no other places to be, so we ran in and watched him.  He graduates soon, so it will probably be our last opportunity!  He played really well!   We are proud of this kid.

We have an absolutely amazing band director.  The kids love him, the parents love him, he is absolutely amazing.  He approached the band boosters a few weeks back about an idea he had. He wanted to host an all band, outdoor concert.  He wanted to have it outside so we could easily socially distance and he wanted to showcase the kids, but have a festival type atmosphere.  He wanted food.  He wanted families to be able to have a little night of normal.  So we set to work.  The fairboard  in Overbook   allowed us to us the fairgrounds. We cooked a literal 1000 hotdogs.  People came out  in mass numbers.  All the bands played, starting with Harper and her 5th grade band, all the way through the high school.  It was a fun night, but it took a while and got pretty cold by the end.  Overall, the feedback has been very positive though and I’m glad it went well. Also I am happy it is over!   I got a photo of Preston and Quincy but somehow missed Harper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment