Monday, May 24, 2021

Summer vibes












We had a fairly decent weekend.  It was great to see my big boys, who came home for Gavin’s graduation.  Well....graduation party since covid restrictions were in place on how many people could attend the graduation. I failed to get any pictures at the graduation party, but it was nice to see everyone, and to have a night off from cooking!  I am very proud of Gavin.  He has grown up to be such a great man.  

We had Sunday lunch instead of Sunday dinner due to Saige and Harper having scrimmage games.   The games were supposed to be held Saturday, at Carbondale’s opening day celebration.  Unfortunately the monsoon season hasn’t let up at all, and Saturday games were rained out.  Harper, Saige and Quincy are all playing on teams at Carbondale.  After staying home all last summer, they are all more than excited to be playing again!  

And yes, this photo looks like Harper isn’t happy to be playing, but I promise she is excited about ball, just hates that I want pictures of her.  I keep telling her I am documenting her childhood and that someday she will want to look at these photos, but she doesn’t believe me.  I figure she will be glad I took the time to take the pictures someday, even if she always looks mad.  

Both girls played a little bit at right field.  Saige also played at catcher, and Harper pitched a couple of innings.  It was a fun afternoon of softball, that went on longer than I expected.  As a result, we ate dinner out with Colin and Cameron before  they had to head back to their jobs.  

Things here look like summer, hoping for less rainfall, and warmer weather so that it feels like summer soon!   

No comments:

Post a Comment