Thursday, May 20, 2021

Last freaking day


I remember when I was a kid and time seemed to stand still.   As an adult that just doesn’t happen.  Time flies faster than I can keep up with.  This school year has flown by.   Until this week.  This week has been ultra slow!  I guess when you’re looking forward to something it slows time down!   This has been an interesting  year.   Mask mandates, occasional quarantines, worries, watching numbers, sanitizing and social distancing protocol, it has all taken a toll on all of us.  We are all feeling done.  My bus kids were pretty good about following protocol until about a month ago.  It has been a nightmare since then. My own kids are also feeling exceptionally ready for a break.  I know we shouldn’t complain. We have been in person all year.  We had a couple weeks of shut downs, but overall, we are very lucky.   It went far better than I thought it would!  I appreciate everything that was done so that the kids would Get an in-person education.   
That being said, Saige is done with 3rd grade, Harper is done with 5th.   Quincy finished her freshman year, and Preston finished his sophomore year (no last day pics of him since he is spending the night at a friend’s house).  
Cameron finished his junior year at KSU.  He had some photo shoot for his vice presidential photos.  They turned out great and I’m so happy he shared!   













Saige took a lot of photos with the timer on my phone this afternoon.  It took me 2 hours to clean the bus!   Luckily my girls are easily entertained.  They all played in the mud!   I have been told that we have had 8.25 inches since Saturday. All I know is that I am ready for summer weather!  


Mallory and Madison both get one day off and then they start right into summer school and the summer food program!   Poor girls. 
Onto summer!   Ballpark nights, ice cream runs, afternoon field trips, relaxed schedules and poolside sun soaking!  I am so happy to see you summer, my old friend!   

No comments:

Post a Comment