Monday, May 17, 2021

Last weekend of school


The 4-H ran a concession stand at the spring show on Sunday, and Madison is making hundreds of cinnamon rolls for the Ladies Auxiliary club in Carbondale.   As such, we did something that I rarely do, and went to Sam’s club on a weekend.   And someone redecorated my car for me.   I have a love/hate with Sam’s.  Large quantities mean I don’t have to go in very often.  Having to go always sucks.  We did get the things we needed, and I was happy to leave!   

The weekend weather was a total mess.  It rained.  And rained.  And rained.  I felt bad for Spencer.  Her original graduation for last May was cancelled due to covid.  I believe they were going to have a graduation in December for the kids who missed graduation, and that was also canceled due to covid.  She was finally going to get to walk, but the ceremony was outdoors and it rained.  They kept delaying it all day.  I think they finally just gave up and went back home!  Whereas I know she was disappointed, I am super proud of her.  She worked hard to get her degree, she has a good job, and she is amazing.  We are lucky that Colin has a girl in his life that we love so much.  
It was nice to get to see Colin and Spencer this weekend!  What was not nice was the mud we had to ensure at the spring show.  So much mud!  The kids made a lot of money on their concession stand though, so that is good!  
After Sunday dinner, the younger crowd and I went for a drive to check my bus route roads.  They always enjoy watching the crazy amount of water that goes over the low water bridge.  There were even a few large trees that floated by!   I wish I could say it will be dried out soon, but the forecast says otherwise!  This was the last weekend of the school year, which means ball park nights coming up.  We need warmer, drier weather for that!  



No comments:

Post a Comment