Sunday, May 9, 2021

Mother’s Day






We had a good weekend.  So good in fact, that I really hate to see it ending.  I have a little case of the “Sunday night nooooo sadness!” 
Not all of it was good, Quincy and I attended a funeral for our friend’s step father and grandpa.  Dusty and Landrie lost a great man from their lives.  He was funny, smart, loved his family, and  welcomed us both into his home as a part of his extended family.  We were blessed to know him. Military honors at funerals always get me.  Such a touching tribute to his life and legacy.  Of course, Quincy doesn’t think you can go to the American legion and not climb on the tank no matter what the reason you are there!  
We also managed to get almost all of the laundry done, groceries picked up, ball equipment purchased, parrot food replenished, and the house cleaned up for the week.  The trip for parrot food worked out well for the dogs since Saige thinks they always need treats!  

I spent most of Mother’s Day hanging out with my friend Grace.  She recently moved to Shawnee.  That means after 29 years we now live less than an hour apart!   LESS THAN AN HOUR!!!  That is so exciting!  As happy as I was with the news, she’s been here a month now and I only made it to visit her today.  I know most moms spend Mother’s Day with their kids, but this visit was honestly good for my soul.  
I did spend some time with most of my kids!  Mallory hosted Sunday dinner so I didn’t have to cook.  Andrew made smoked meat.   Madison made me my favorite carrot cake.  It was amazing!   Evelyn wore her new swimsuit!  It was a good night. I heard from the big boys.  I will see them both soon.  It was a good day.  I am very blessed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment