Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Small break - more days needed.


We had a 4 day weekend for Easter break.  It was a much enjoyed weekend.  I don’t know if there is ever enough days off school for the kids or me.  Doesn’t matter much- back to school we went.  Summer is coming - 5 weeks left!   
Jim and I went to work early yesterday morning.  We both have board meetings and nonsense going on.   When I got home, the kids helped me with a couple of projects.  We got the turtle filter cleaned and I bought some live plants for their habitat, which came in the mail. I planted them, and within 2 minutes they were tearing them up.  They are now planted in the fish tank.  If you decide to get a pet turtle you should know upfront that they poop a lot, and they are very destructive to decorations and things in their habitat.  Rocks, driftwood, water, and their heater is all they will be getting from me from now on!   I am still amused with them.  Preston and I have been feeding goats their lunch bottles and then watching the turtles until Madison comes to get Evie.  Madison thinks we are losing it.  
Speaking of losing it, I came in the living room and noticed that Harper had drawn eye brows on Carlos.  Why?  I’m not sure but I will admit that I laughed pretty hard.  He looks ridiculous.  Dang it kid. He also looked really adorable in the Easter shirt I found for him when Quincy forced me to go shoe shopping for prom.  

I forgot to post these photos of the kids before mass on Easter.  They hate when I make them take pictures, but they also know better than to argue with their mom.  

Yesterday, we had a pretty significant amount of rain move through.  When it quit, Preston and I went out to check over Quincy’s car, which she said was running weird.   It was so sparkly and pretty that I snapped a few photos.  I found it interesting that I caught orbs in most of the photos I took. Guess maybe we had a visitor yesterday!  





I don’t mind the idea, as I always feel like it could be one of our grandparents coming to check in.  At least I hope so.  I am so proud of our kids, and I like to think they would be too.  Mallory took a start off of a lilac bush that my grandpa planted in my parent’s yard.  She has worked so hard to make her little house and yard into something amazing.  I love how much she has learned.  Also love that my kids honor their deceased relatives.  


My meetings are over, Jim still isn’t home from his.   I know he had to be dragging.  
I’m hoping the rest of this week is a smooth kind of week. I am already looking forward to the weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment