Sunday, April 9, 2023

Happy Easter!

























I love Easter! Maybe it’s the weather  with the glimpses of spring flowers all around.  Maybe it’s the baby animals everywhere  - seeing the earth bursting with new life.  Or maybe it’s the idea that summer is coming and I am just excited by that prospect.  Maybe is the light after waiting 40 days.   Possibly any of those, but I really think it’s just that I love holidays.  I like my kids being home, having a nice meal and talking to them all.  Having a low key, nice weekend with people I love is where it’s at for me.  Of course, we missed having Cameron and Lauren home, and Spencer didn’t make it up, but I am thankful for the time I did get, with the people who were able.   
What I failed at this weekend was taking pictures.   Most of what I got were taken by other people.  Lauren sent me some nice photos.  Since they couldn’t be home for Easter, they improvised.   They hosted an Easter egg hunt for the people who were around campus today.  I’m not sure how it turned out, but it was sweet.  Lauren also humored Cameron and hid his basket for him.  They are doing great things. We are proud of them. 
Colin was able to come up for most of the weekend.  He was so helpful.  He helped Preston fix his car, and he helped Jim cut and pile and amazing amount of brush and trees.  I told him I was sorry he showed up and we put him to work.  He told me he got to play with cars and   chainsaws- that is a great day!   I miss him being around here.  He likes to do physical labor, and he is always so willing to jump in and help.   I’m also glad I got to visit with him for a while.  Since he was home, and Andrew was also planning to help with Preston’s car, the girls came over for dinner.  They helped me make tacos and we had a nice time.   We had fun dying eggs and making deviled eggs for Easter dinner.  Also, Mallory took some Easter photos of the dogs- which cracks me up.  I really like this one of Daisy with Carlos looking like he’s crawling out of her rear and.  

Lauren sent me their Easter picture.  I can’t believe she got him to wear matching outfits.  I absolutely love this picture.  

It was nice to see all my siblings today, even though we didn’t get to see everyone.  I had an enjoyable time, ate way too much, feel somewhat caught up on what everyone is doing these days, and am so thankful for having the time.   


The dogs weren’t the only ones who got a photo shoot.  Look closely and you might see that in one of these photos, Mr. Mackey is having a little potty break.  
Happy Easter from our casa!  My the season meet you with kindness and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment