Friday, April 14, 2023

Them dayzzz







This has been one of “them weeks” that definitely ended with one of “them dayz”.  I’ll spare you all the details but sum it up with crazy meetings, busy absent husbands, insane landowners, wild bus riders, crazy random people calling the office, dead litters of baby rabbits, one unexplained goat death, and random oddities just popping up.  I remember there being a show on called something like ‘little fires everywhere.’  I never watched it, but it feels like the week I had.   Never have I not loved a Friday, but today it was absolutely needed for my sanity.   Need as in if it wasn’t Friday, I would need seriously considering running away.  I hope we can relax and go back with a new attitude next week.  

We are off to a good start.  It is hard  to be in a bad mood if this sweet girl is around to entertain us!  She wanted to have a sleep over with the girls.  I picked her up, we stuffed her full of food, she played hard outside with Saige, they played just dance and took bubble baths with pedicures afterward. It was then movie time.  Saige started the movie, went to make popcorn and after the 2 minutes it took, Evie was crashed.  My favorite slumber party guest - one that falls asleep before 9!   In fairness, she gets up on weekdays at 5…she had a long day!   Side note- the look on Ollie’s face makes me laugh. He wanted in on the party too!  

I taught my 2nd to last RE class this week.  In true Hope fashion, I have been handing out exorbitant amounts of paper, prizes and snacks. (Revenge is a dish I just like to serve.)  
One thing I noticed was these pretty little flowers in front of the Scranton church.  What are they?   Sort of look like iris, but are only about 3 inches tall. I love them!   Also, I need to find someone who wants to help/teach me how to thin iris - the previous owners planted a lot under my bedroom window.  They have multiplied and need thinned.  I am absolutely clueless.  Part of me is scared, I have always loved them but have never been successful at growing them. I’m worrying about killing them!  


I will leave you with this - a picture Mallory took as the storms were rolling in this evening (and she fled our house before she got caught in them).  I thought it was striking.  And a gentle reminder that even in the storm, there is still beauty. I needed that today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment