Sunday, April 30, 2023

All or nothing








We had nothing on our calendar for this weekend.  Which was something I was very happy about after the last couple of weeks.  I had a list.  Jim had a list.  The kids had anxiety over the lists.  Kidding. Only kidding!   Yesterday I hopped out of bed, started the laundry, cleaned the kitchen, helped the girls with chores, oversaw the start of rebreeding the rabbits (- hoping for better outcome than last time), and cleaned the filtration for the turtles.  Jim had to go to a memorial service for a co-worker and texted to offer bringing home lunch (there was a food truck at the memorial service - odd but whatever-). That is when I made a huge mistake.  I stopped moving.  I sat down, ate lunch, and the next thing I knew I had been talking to Jim, half watching the NFL Draft (which I definitely wasn’t interested in), and vegging out for 2 or maybe 3 hours.   Whoops!   Should have eaten while standing up I guess.  It was honesty exactly what I needed I think!   I did have a moment of panic when I realized Madison and  Andrew were pulling in the driveway, it was 3 pm and I was still in my pj’s!   I grabbed a quick shower and then realized that they were here to hang out because Evelyn was playing at the neighbor’s house!   Andrew, Madison and Jim went fishing and I stayed on pick up the kid duty when the neighbors got sick of her….which they never did!   Upon returning from their fishing trip, and realizing the kid had been over  there for 5 hours, they finally dropped her off.  She had so much fun!   Jim then decided that it was a good night to burn stumps and drink beer.  The kids had to roast up some marshmallows.  It was a nice evening to hang out and be outside!      

This morning after church, I still had part of yesterday’s list, and so did Jim.  I asked the kids to help and we accomplished so much!
Goat castration - check
The rest of the rabbit breeding - check
Planting some trees I got (for free) - check
Got the tillers out and   running (thank you Preston and Andrew!) 
Tilled up the patch where I want to plant strawberries, tilled up the garden  check and check
House is mostly clean (ish), back patio cleaned off, laundry done, Jim’s firewood picked up and   stacked,  Jim got some weed whacking done, we had Sunday dinner with the kids, talked a little to the ones who live a ways out, and played with the grandkid.  Also took care of a school issue (I hope), updated the calendar, located pool equipment and worked on a new project that I am planning with the ex turtle tank.   It was a great day!   We are all pooped, but I feel like today we worked together to get so much done and tonight I am going to bed content with life.  
I only wish the weekend had a day in between Saturday and Sunday!   
The most exciting thing of all?  I discovered asparagus coming up on the asparagus patch that Preston and I planted a couple of years ago!   It came up after we planted it, did not come back last year (I was sad) and now low and behold- asparagus!  I am leaving it to go to seed.  Next year, no matter what, I am eating it!   It took everything I had to not pluck it up and cook it today!  


Sometimes Facebook memories get me in the feels. This was from the year Cameron decided to order a tux off of Amazon.  It was a tiny bit small, but arrived only a day or 2 before prom (in a Barbie sized box I might add).  We spent a lot of time getting the wrinkles out.  He had to walk sort of stooped over and kept his elbows bent so you wouldn’t notice it was a little cozy on him!  It still makes me laugh.  

Evelyn is very excited about Tball this year!  Andrew is her team’s coach.  She was concerned that they were practicing and she didn’t have her shirt yet!  I love this kid!  She also wanted to go on the slide, but a while back she slid down and ended up hitting her head, so now we have to hold her hands.  She’s got these 2 men wrapped right around her little fingers!   As it should be.  
Weekend may be over, but this is the last full (5 day) week of school!   We got this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment