Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Success night









Tonight was Celebration of Success night for the senior class.  It is a night where the school hands out school and local scholarships and awards.  Preston got a metal for being in the top 10 of the senior class. He was also awarded 2 local scholarships and a Bovay foundation scholarship totaling around $2000.  We are very thankful for these scholarships, as Preston is a little short on tuition money.   I am so proud of this kid!  He has worked really hard and I am sure this won’t be the last time we celebrate his success!   

Funny side story.  Saige had her first softball practice this evening.  Since Jim and I were at the success night for Preston, and Quincy didn’t have to work tonight, I begged a favor and had Quincy take her.  Halfway through the ceremony, I got a text from Quincy.  She said “OMG mom!  I’m dying of boredom - this has been the longest hour of my life!”  Followed by “how have you done this for the last 20 years?”    Is it wrong that I took this as a thank you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment