Sunday, May 21, 2023

Sunday crazy Sunday
















I mentioned that my niece, Emma-Kate graduated last weekend.  Today was her graduation party.  I am so proud of the woman she has grown in to.  She is smart, funny, and driven.  I have no doubt that she will do great things, and I love that she and Preston will be together in Manhattan next year!  

Her party was at the Marina at Lone Star Lake.  One of my all time favorite places!  So many good memories there!  Evie and Andrew did a little fishing.  They had some success!   Jim and Bob happily watched!  I think it makes them all happy to see how much Evie loves to fish!   

I also think Bob may have been a little jealous, as he invited Andrew to go out on his boat tonight!   I hope they had fun!  The rest of us had Sunday dinner and then “helped” Jim do some burning.  When I say helped, I mean that Preston helped, while the girls and I watched (supervised).  Jim and Preston had stacked these piles a little larger than what they usually do, and they burned bright for all of the neighborhood to see!   Probably the next neighborhood over as well!   The good news is that we got a pretty good burn. The bad news, as always, this fire didn’t even make a dent in the trees that need to be burned.  More good news though ~ we recognize that this is a long term project and we may very well never run out of stuff to work on.  


Preston was showing Evie how to climb a tree.  I yelled out “omg look at that huge raccoon in the tree!”   Evie squished her face and said “grammy that’s just Uncle PP!”   It makes me laugh when she calls him that.  He doesn’t necessarily like it, but he also won’t tell her to stop!  

After the burning Preston agreed to getting in the pool to look for the dang leak we can’t seem to find.  We had a patch from last year that was loose.  We fixed it.  It didn’t stop the leak!  I had Preston drop food coloring in the water to see if we could figure out where it is coming from.  No luck.   I know I’m going to have to crawl in there to look for it, but I had my hands in long enough  to know it’s going to be awful!   I like to wait for warm weather before I crawl in!  
Tomorrow, we are back to work.  It was a fun weekend, but playtime is over apparently.   

No comments:

Post a Comment