Friday, May 26, 2023

Ball pics (cause why not?)

So far this summer, I have been pretty impressed with Saige's coach.  As an added bonus, she is having her sister take pictures during the games, and is sharing those on a private page where you are free to download the ones of your kid.  If she only knew that between the fact that she took orders and got all of the uniform stuff (thus saving me a trip to the sporting goods store) and now sharing photos, she has quickly become my hero!  

It is not only the stuff above though, but the fact that she does not have a kid on the team, she just volunteered her time because she loves the game that would makes me like her.  Because she doesn't really know any of the girls, she is letting them experiment with positions, equipment, new ideas and helping them learn and grow.  I think it will be a great experience for Saige, and it will be fun to see how far she can take them this summer!











These are the pictures from the first couple of games.  So much better than the ones I took!  I have no trouble admitting that I am not a photographer!  I love pictures though.  All the pictures.  Even the bad ones.  I live by the idea that the only pictures you will be sorry for are the ones you didn't take.  

Yesterday, Saige was supposed to have a game.  Harper and Saige had their yearly physicals at the doctor.  We knew we would be stretched for time, so we ordered pizza, ran one errand, flew home, did chores, found Saige's uniform, cooked the pizza, got everything loaded in the car, and I was just starting to fix her hair when the game was cancelled.  Some days are like that.  I went from being completely stretched for time to having all evening at home.  I was a little sad, because I had a couple more errands I could have done had I known.  It was absolutely pouring rain in town, but when we got home there had not been a drop.  I am guessing where she was supposed to be last night must have been hit!  
Side note - I knew my kids were growing up - Harper has grown 3 inches and Saige 4 inches since last summer!

Since we ended up with the evening at home, Jim burned some stumps, I patched another hole in the pool, and cleaned in there- I am happy to report we have clear water, and the leak is at least slower than it was!.  We worked together to get some potted plants started, and used our poo pile that is now nice black dirt to fill in a hole that somehow appeared in our yard (dang dogs).  I was happy to be home!  This weekend, we don't have many plans, but I have to move the (no longer) baby chickens into a bigger pen so that we can be ready for the arrival of baby rabbits next week....the rabbits are going to become a colony in the current chicken pen.  I am excited to see how this will work!  I also might be reading too much stuff on the homesteading pages.  Too many ideas/plans to accomplish in one free evening!  :)  We will have to get as much done as possible though, because the month of June is filled to overflowing.  Many good things coming!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment