Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Helloooo summer!








Today is the last day of school for this year!  Last day of preschool for Evelyn!  She, of course has another year to go, but she was pretty excited about summer break this morning!  Last day for the lunch lady too, for a week or so anyway.  She is working at the summer feeding program, so her 'break' is limited until the baby comes!  She was not excited about me wanting to take a picture of her baby bump, but she did indulge me for 1/2 a second.  We are getting so excited to meet this little girly!  Evie is beyond excited and ready!  This is going to be a great summer!  


Last day of 5th grade.  Saige has grown so much this year, and although the year has been a little bit rough, she has tried to make the best of it.  She is excited to be finished though!  

Last day of 7th grade.  Harper has also grown a lot this year.  She has had a good year I think....at least she has no real complaints.  She is looking forward to being home and not doing so much 'worthless schoolwork.'  

Last day of Junior year!  I absolutely cannot believe this girl is going to be a senior!  She has matured a lot this year and seems to be giving me less gray hair.  I am proud of how she is not afraid to express herself and has amazing communication skills.  I know school is not her favorite thing, but she is making some good decisions so that she can have a great career after graduation.  Also - she is reformed, and I have not had a single call from the school this year (at least not about her!).  She never even had a detention or anything else!!!!!  :)  

Last day of 1st grade, at least for the current school year.  This one reports that she has had a little bit of a wild bunch, and is ready for a break!  The amount of time that this lady pours into her class, the amount of her own money she puts in, the dedication she has towards making sure each one of the kids entrusted to her makes progress, is truly amazing.  She is an inspiration, and a great example of what education can be.  I know it isn't easy, there are days when she has come to my house in tears.  She has been talked to nastily, has had days where parents are truly mean, has been punched, kicked and spit on.  The next day, she goes back with the same enthusiasm for helping little people learn.  How she does it, or even why she does it, I do not know, but I am so proud of her!   I hope she know that she renews my faith in the educational system!  

And now - without further ado, I present summer 2023.  We have plans for ballpark evenings with nacho dinners, poolside afternoons, popsicle-stained fingers, stargazing, nature hikes, lazy weekends of movie marathons, farmers market, new recipe afternoons, a couple of household projects, mowing made easy on a new mower, relaxed schedules, goat raising, and all of our other favorite things that summer seems to bring. And best of all - newborn baby snuggles!!!   I am absolutely giddy!  The only thing standing in between me and my favorite things is one bus route!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment