Saturday, May 13, 2023

Grad day































Today, at the very same time in 2 different towns, my niece, Emma-Kate and Preston both graduated from high school.  It created a difficult time for my parents, who obviously wanted to be in both places.  And for the rest of us too.  Nothing really could be done about it except to tell EK we love her, we are proud of her and we are so sorry we missed her special day.  I am now 1/3 on my brother’s kids graduations.  We made the first one, the second was ruined by Covid, and now this.  Oh well, not much we can do about it. 


I must start out this post about Preston’s graduation with a small story.  We were told that the nasty church from Topeka with the infamous last name, who spreads hate and nastiness, would be picketing the graduation. I never thought it would actually happen, but as we pulled in, there they were. I am sure some people were offended.  Some probably found it ridiculous, and some were probably indifferent.  I had a completely different reaction.  I laughed.  Not because their hatred is funny, but because it reminded me of Jim’s grandma Alice. She once reported that they had picketed her beloved church.  She went up to the minister and shook her finger in his face.  She didn’t like them at all!   While I support their right to picket, I will never understand people who proclaim to be Christians, but then display signs promoting hatred.  Better go back and read it again.  

Enough of that.  Preston was successful in getting his diploma.  He was pretty excited about it, and we were all happy that the ceremony was short, sweet and to the point!  


Harper, Saige and Quincy all skipped out as soon as the graduates walked out.  They don’t like this sort of stuff.  I tried to take some pictures but didn’t t get very many good ones.  

We had a little party for Preston here at the house.  Thank you to all the people who came out for that, or who sent him a card.  
Evelyn had fun helping the kids decorate!   More on that later.  

Grandma worked her cake magic!  Thanks so much!  


We also got to see the great nephew Lawson!  He’s getting so big already!   

The decorations - I bought on Amazon - I thought this sign was funny.  Spencer, Colin and Evelyn put it together. It was way more labor intensive than I thought it would be!   I’m sort of thinking about leaving it up until next year for Quincy!  
Today was check out day at the LSU dorms.  We missed Cameron and Lauren but definitely understand.  It was nice to have everyone else home. I was happy that Spencer and Colin could be here for the day!  Also- thank you to Andrew for sitting with the food, and all the work he did!   
We think this was a great day!  Preston really had a nice time!  He is all grown up, and whole that makes me tear up just a little, I am excited about watching my little guy fly!   Looking forward to the next chapter!   We love you Preston!  We are super proud!  

No comments:

Post a Comment