Tuesday, May 23, 2023

National Turtle day








The person we received the turtles from told us that today is National Turtle Day!  I had no idea that was even a thing!   I didn’t know until after we got home from the ballpark.  I wish I’d have known sooner, I would have made a cake or something!   I let them have some of the frog’s bloodworms instead!  They were very happy!  We are slowly learning how to manage their filtration, and cleaning schedule.  We love watching them swim around, and I love throwing them strawberries and watching them chase them around and trying to eat!   They are so much fun to watch!  


Saige had a game tonight at Carbondale - against the same team they played yesterday.  This time, Saige’s team came out on top.  They played so well!   Saige did a great job - she pitched, played center field and was great at bat!   She had a double, and a really nice single.   She also struck out several girls, had a throw out at 1st and a tag out at home.  She also came home in a much better mood tonight!   ,

I finally got into the pool today- to look for the leak.  It took me 15 solid  minute to work myself in!   (I know- geez I’m a cold hating wimp).  I located the leak.  I patched the leak.  I got out to see —- that it is still leaking.   Guess I’m getting back in tomorrow!   Hoping I don’t get hypothermia!   The girls got in today as well, to play.  I do not know how they stand it!  
I watched some videos on how to locate a leak.  Basically they said “suck it up, get your butt in there, and look!   The internet so SO helpful!  

No comments:

Post a Comment