Sunday, May 14, 2023

Mother’s Day







After the rest of this weekend, I needed a low key day.  Low key is what we got too!  We attended mass.  Saige and Harper turned in the first of many assignments for their confirmation class, which we are getting a jump start on now!    After mass, the girls helped me clean up the party mess from yesterday.  It didn’t take very long. Preston graced us with his presence.   Jim and I attended a party for a kid we know, and his  family used his graduation party as a cover for a 50th anniversary party for his grandparents.  It was really nice!   
Jim got the long, shaggy, small tree covered part of the lawn mowed. I got the laundry done.  Mallory came out and cooked fried chicken along with an amazing dinner.  Madison and Andrew made chocolate pies.  It was a really good day!  

Evie loves the Undertaker.  While we have to watch closely, he seems shy and hasn’t even attempted to look at her when she holds him.  It’s a very supervised activity.  

Quincy is trying to save money.  As a result, she said she isn’t going to go out much this summer. She decided to build herself a friend who won’t ask her to go do fun things that cost money.  I give this 3 days.  
Today is a day we celebrate motherhood. My own mom is a hard one to follow, as she has set the bar pretty high.  She is always there for us.  This weekend, she had to choose between 2 of her grandkids graduations, and it killed her.  She really tries hard to be present.  My mom is also a person who always has your back.  I have zero doubts if I needed someone to help me with a body, she is who I would call.  She is loyal almost to a fault.  Now, my mom may help me with the body, but she would also encourage me to turn myself in, because she is also a person who thinks you should do the right thing, even when it is the hard thing. I got so lucky in the mom department.  

Jim’s mom is also a good example of motherhood.  Jim got to spend some time with her last week and I know they both enjoyed it.  She is an encourager, always believing you can do things and cheering you on, even if it is a crazy idea.  She never forgets what you said, and always asks you how it worked out.  

I remember when Jim and I were first married, and struggled with fertility issues (I know it’s hard to believe considering). The idea of not having kids crushed my spirit.  All I ever wanted out of life was a great husband and a house load of kids.  (Well, and a job where I made tons of money without having to actually go in to work for it, but we can’t have EVERYTHING right?). My 8 kids, their significant others, and the grandkid (and 3/4) and Jim mean the absolute world to me.  The fact that they step in to help me, and each other, that they are friends, get along and love each other makes me happy.  Are our lives perfect?  No, but it is perfect for me.  I’m a blessed mom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment