Monday, May 22, 2023

Braggin minute















Saige had her first official game tonight at Osage City.  She thinks she did a terrible job.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  

Side note - when Jim was in college at Baker, he belonged to a fraternity.  His frat brothers called him Animal. That’s why this is a funny pic.  I always tell Jim if you have to explain it, it probably isn’t funny, but this makes me laugh anyway.  Look at his sad face!  

Anyway, back to Saige’s game.  She pitched, having several strike outs, threw a girl out at first, and had an RBI.   She doesn’t look at that - she only sees the score didn’t end in their favor. We had to remind her that sometimes success isn’t found in the scoring.  She is on a team full of girls who are older than she is, but she is definitely holding her own.  


We also stopped by the old “fish park” in Osage.  The older kids used to love going over to feed the fish.  I didn’t see any fish in the Lily ponds tonight, but in a few days, these lilies will be flowering and I hope we are back down there to witness that beauty!  

Pool saga - as you can see, we are still not at the clear water stage.  There are still leaves in the bottom.  Today, the girls begged me to get in - they said they were going to scoop leaves, and look for the leak that we still haven’t found!   They really did what they said, but they also horsed around a lot and then ended up floating around, working on soaking up some vitamin D! Shockingly, the hole still has not been located!    I know, I know, for days I’ve been saying I would get in and find it.  But I am telling you, I have no earthly idea how they stood it!  That water is crazy cold!   

No comments:

Post a Comment