Sunday, April 23, 2023

Sunday night blues















The weekend is over and we definitely did not get enough time to finish all the stuff we needed or wanted to.  Of course, we gave away Saturday, so that did nothing to help.  
Today, we decided to buy a lawnmower.  Jim has been looking and researching and attempting to find a good used one, and talking about it for quite some time.  We have had fixer-uppers and have resorted to push mowing most of the time for the last couple of summers.  I don’t mind helping to mow, and I don’t even really mind pushing, but our summers tend to be  a mess of running and we never seem to finish mowing out here.  Because of the rattlesnake/copperhead population I feel that letting it go all natural is not really an option. I was super happy when Jim landed on this mower that was on some sort of spring sale!  I was so amused when Jim, Andrew, Preston and Quincy went to unload it….there stands Evie on a large rock shouting “hey Quincy- how about you help!” Sassy much?   What would we do if she wasn’t around to give us directions?   



Of course she had to make sure it runs ok for us too!  

Andrew asked Jim and Preston if they wanted to go fishing.  Jim originally said no, so Preston and Andrew went without him.  Jim ran to get the mower and the next thing I know Madison is showing me a photo of him with a fish he caught.  I guess he changed his mind!  I’m glad he got to go. He likes to fish and should get to do it more.  

I believe the Florida crew goes back to Louisiana tomorrow.  I’m sad for their vacation to end, but not getting pictures of the beach, dolphins, and all sorts of fun will definitely be better for my jealousy.  I do hope they had fun and that their trip back is safe!  
The bad news is we have to get back to the schedule tomorrow.  The good news is we are getting wickedly close to summer break!   Now if someone could let Kansas know so we can turn off the dang furnace that would be appreciated!  


No comments:

Post a Comment