Monday, February 12, 2024

Super Bowl weekend

 

We had a good/much needed weekend around here.  We had to rest up for this week, which is Jim's crazy week and a generally insane looking mess.  We enjoyed having a little super bowl party, and I appreciated Mallory and Madison cooking the food while I was at work at the liquor store.  Incidentally, I did not know it was super bowl Sunday when I signed up to work, and it was insanely busy there!  But busy makes the time go fast, so I did not mind it!  


Saige does not like the Chiefs.  She loves the Bills.  She has Evelyn thinking she also loves the Bills, and both of them were prancing around here giving their opinion of how terrible the Chiefs are!  It amuses me.  Wrenley is a Chiefs fan though!  A cute, sweet, happy little fan!  Until she gets tired!  She is either happy or asleep!  




Other happenings, the library had their annual dessert fundraiser.  Last year, the cream puffs I made apparently sold very well, so I made another batch.  I had to make a double batch though because if you make cream puffs, you must eat cream puffs!  They will never be quite as good as grandma used to make, but they were pretty close!  Terri texted to tell me she bought them at the auction!  
The girls and I managed to catch all the roosters that we got as a result of buying a straight run of baby chicks last spring.  We ended up with 8 stupid roosters!  They were starting to be very aggressive, and they were also mating our hens half to death, which is the opposite of what I want.  I only want eggs.  I can get eggs with zero roosters, so that is how many we left in our pens!  My cousin likes to let roosters run around his property, he says it is fun to watch them and they help with bugs.  Jim and I drove them over to his house and set them free!  As we were catching them, one came after me....he is lucky he lived to tell about it!  I was 6 years old the first time I had a rooster come after me.  It scared the heck out of me.  My brother, Eric, said he wasn't scared, so he went with me to protect me.  He would have been about 4!  The rooster chased us both back to the house!  That action was followed by him chasing my mother.  I will never forget my mom calling grandma.  About 10 minutes later, grandma showed up with a large knife.  When the rooster came after her, she grabbed him up, chopped his head off and asked my mom "do you want to cook him for your dinner?"  We were all standing there horrified and my mom was like "heck no I don't want that thing!" so grandma took him home, cleaned him and they had chicken noodle soup that night.  And we all learned DO NOT MESS WITH GRANDMA!!  

I also noticed this strange scraped off spot on the tree in our driveway.  I looked at it for a long time before I realized that when it was icy a few weeks ago, the bus slid sideways and bumped into the tree.  There was no damage to the bus, but it looks like the tree can't say the same!  Whoops.
We did accomplish quite a little bit of our list for the weekend, but not enough to make this week be easy.   But....we will manage.  It is fine.  Everything is fine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment