Monday, February 5, 2024

4 day weekend gone

The kids had a 4 day weekend.  Thursday and Friday were out for parent teacher conferences.  I think this week is going to be hard....they have not had a 5 day school week for almost 2 months.  I am sure we will be fine, but I anticipate a feeling of longevity.  
We had a nice weekend of nothingness.  I had huge plans for some organizational projects that just never happened.  I spent a great deal of time working on fixing this blog.  I am sort of sad that I could not find a fix that would be fast, but instead am having to go back in and fix each post manually.  It is not difficult, but it is time consuming.  I will get it done, but I anticipate it taking a few more days or maybe even weeks.  I guess when you use a blog as a family scrapbook, it comes with some risks.  Jim is now in charge of figuring out better back up plans.  I am just happy that I have been able to recover 95% or so of the photos.  It will all be fine....everything is fine.  :) 
Needless to say, organizing projects did not occupy my time, and the weekend went so quickly that I, as always, am wondering how a weekend can go by so fast!  If you are here often, you know this is my life's theme. 

We did have some time to just relax, which seems to be needed occasionally.  It was raining and wet all weekend long.  Jim got a puzzle for Christmas he has been slowly working on.  Saige has now helped Quincy finish two puzzles, and so she jumped in to help dad with his, much smaller piece, more insane looking puzzle.  I think this one is going to take a while!  




This little peanut turned 7 months old.  She is the master at removing her socks, always has a smile, and has completely embraced the pick up game.  She is such a sweet little thing, and my house is always so much more lively when these little girls are here to keep us busy!


Evie helped Madison make some cakes so we could celebrate Mallory and Madison's birthday a little bit early.  It is unfathomable to me that they are turning 28 years old this week!  


Mallory got her fav - red velvet!  She was happy!  I am so proud of these ladies!  They are rocking adulthood!



Madison had Texas sheetcake - I will add in that Madison's cake was much more popular, and I am still convinced that Mallory only likes red velvet because she knows that she will get most of a cake all to herself! 

Quincy and her hobbies crack me up.  She, on a whim bought herself a base guitar and an amp.  Does she know how to play a base guitar?  No!  Is she signing up for lessons?  No!  She is teaching herself to play it from some youtube videos...because you really can learn to do anything from youtube!  Crazy thing.  I am adding for the record, she has a long way to go before I will say she can "play" the base guitar.  Her dream of being in a garage band is a ways off!  Quite a way!


Welcome to a new week.  We got this!  (I think?).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment