Friday, February 2, 2024

Groundhog Day

 



Well folks, today is Groundhog Day.  I hate groundhog day.  That dang rodent always sees his shadow, and considering how much the sun has been shining this week, I was sure he would see his shadow!  I even took a photo of Evie this week when she was making her shadow move - she thinks that is pretty cool!  Luckily the "groundhog experts" say he did not see his shadow, and winter is done, early spring.  He better not be wrong!  I have enjoyed the warmer days, and the sun.  Don't you just feel better about life when the sun is shining?  Not to mention the roads are almost passable again.  Of course, the forecast is for rain the entire weekend.  Of course it is.  I have managed to make it without being stuck in the mud, but have had a few close calls, we wouldn't want Jagger to be bored now would we?  I am sure it will rain, I am sure we will be right back in the mud and the insane road conditions next week!  But for today, we will enjoy the sun, and hope that old groundhog isn't leading us into promises that can't be kept.  
There was no school yesterday or today for parent teacher conferences.  I played "bad mom" and skipped them.  I absolutely hate the way they handle conferences in the middle school.  Stand in line to talk to each teacher.  Each kid has 4 main teachers and a couple of elective teachers.  I would literally have to stand in line for hours.  I am not doing it.  I wish they would put all the core teachers in a room together, and make you an appointment.  I feel it is a giant mess.  No school means no grandkid time.  They had to go to work with their momma instead, because she still had to drive to vo-tech.  I did get a cute photo!  They are such good little van riders!

Last night, I forced Jim to go with me to do our grocery shopping because I hate going in the rain, which is supposed to happen all weekend.  He agreed and then took me out for dinner to use the gift card we got from Colin and Spencer for Christmas.  Jim loves Texas Roadhouse, and he loves rolls.  He was happy.  I don't mind eating there if they aren't so busy that you have to wait hours to eat.  Last night, we lucked out and didn't have to wait long.  I like when Jim is happy!  I did have a funny thing happen.  On our way up there, I thought we had a headlight out.  It was so dark!  We stopped to look....no headlight out, but it was covered in mud and was blocking most of the light out.  We really don't need rain right now!  This weekend, the only thing we had going on was getting groceries, and that is now done.  We are going to do some more of my organizational projects and hang out at home.  And honesty, I couldn't be happier about it.  The last month has been a tremendous challenge in my patience and I need some peace and quiet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment