Tuesday, January 30, 2024

bear with me

Today was the day that we had to return to the dentist.  The day that we decided to try nitrous to relax this child so she could get a filling.  She did good.  The gas relaxed her, she got the filling, she loves the dentist again.  I guess.  It was sort of hard to tell, she was still just a little bit loopy on our way back to the school.  She was animatedly chatting, singing, and then burst into tears telling me "I wish the Bills had not lost out of the playoffs!"  It was a wild roller coaster of a trip back to the school.  Normally, I might have kept her out of school for a bit longer, however, she missed the day yesterday, and this is a 3 day week due to conferences, so I got her back as quickly as I could.  She was doing fine when I dropped her off, but she was still feeling some of the effects, and the secretary at the school noticed....saying she had never really talked to Saige before!  I am happy that we got it taken care of.  These photos were all her doing.....part of the insanity I endured in the car!  Today, I am thankful for a patient dentist, and for nitrous.  Whew!  Glad to have that little episode behind us!



Since I didn't know how the day would go, I didn't have Evie today.  I missed the little turkey.

And one more thing.  This blog.  Apparently, I was using a blog app on my phone for, say the last 4ish years.  It worked well, and things were good.  Easy to use, easy to access the photos I constantly take on my phone.  I was happy.  And then some transfer happened.  They did not notify me, or at least I don't recall being notified.  Anyway, the platform that the app used to store the photos is not compatible with google, who now owns the blog platform.  Or something.  I in no way claim to understand what has happened.  What I know is that for a few years worth of posts, the photos do not show up, but they have been stored in date order in google photos, where I did not put them, and where they, thankfully are not lost (for the most part).  The unfortunate part is that after hours of reading, and research, and Jim also doing hours of reading, the only thing I seem to be able to do is re-build those pages that the photos don't show up on.  I am happy that the content was not lost, and the photos are mostly not lost, but they have to be put back together manually.  I worked on it today for several hours, and was able to figure out how to dump the photos back onto the pages they belonged on, but they are not on the page exactly how they were before...rather they are stacked at the top of the page, with the post text below.  I decided that it will just have to be good enough.  Could I fix it?  Yes.  Am I going to? Probably not.  I am going to try to restore the photos to their pages, and then let it go.  One thing I noticed, is that there were a lot of spelling errors on the pages.  I am sure these are not words that I would normally misspell, such as "and" and "definitely" and I think the app did not have spell check, and I am incredibly bad at typing on my phone!  I am taking a small amount of time to correct the spelling, but not spending a lot of time on each page to put it back like it was.  I am disappointed that they didn't give me some sort of warning, and although I have back-ups of the blog pages, I couldn't figure out how to restore if from there.  If you are still with me, just know that I am working on it.  I know my own kids tend to go hunting for old photos on here, and this is literally the youngest 4 kid's only childhood scrapbook.  Jim and I will be discussing how to back things up a little better after I get everything put back together. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment