Monday, January 29, 2024

Kansas Day


 We kicked the weekend out (sadly) and started a new week.  I sure wasn't ready, or happy about it, but it is what it is.  Madison and Mallory were at the house most of the day yesterday.  Mallory was making pies, Madison helped her make fancy cupcakes for Kansas Day at school.  It amuses me that when you work at a school, literally everything become a holiday.  A reason for eating cupcakes.  I remember Kansas Day as a kid...it meant more work.  We had to create books with entries about all the Kansas state things.  Coloring pages of buffalo, ornate box turtles, meadowlarks, sunflowers and cottonwood trees.  I remember in the 6th grade, getting in trouble because I left the Jayhawk out of the little book, saying I was not a Jayhawk, nor would I ever be.  :)  Jim would have been so proud if he had known me back then.  Today, Mallory's class is making butter, having Kansas cupcakes, and reading some stuff.  I don't know what else she has up her sleeve, but I am sure whatever it is, they will love it.  She is a good teacher.  I am so proud of her.  
I heard a little from Cameron and Lauren, who were at a concert with their Norwegian friend.  Lauren said Cameron was exhibiting outlandish behavior.  Lauren, honey, you've been dating my son for quite a few years now, you should know by now that in public, you pretend you do not know him!  This time last year, I was planning a trip to visit them, wish I could say I was heading out in a couple weeks - I miss them, plus vacation is always good - particularly in the winter time!  
I am thankful that Preston was home for a little while this weekend.  He helped Bill Clawson and Quincy finish getting the new transmission in her old Subaru.  She was even able to drive it home.  I am not sure how many hours they put in, but I am proud of them for getting it running again!  Thankful for Bill Clawson teaching them auto mechanic skills, and so many other valuable things.  Preston also helped me get the turtle tank cleaned out.  I made a couple of mistakes with their water in the past couple of weeks, and when I say the tank was disgusting, I don't even think I can do justice to how gross it was.  I am happy to have them back to not stinking up the house!  And being able to see them when they are swimming!  Note to self, biological cleaner does not work...do not purchase that ever, ever again!  
There was a large wreck on the interstate this morning, so Madison got stuck in traffic.  She ended up bringing Evie to my office, rather than me meeting her as usual.  That meant I got a little time to see Wrenley.  These girls are so cute.  Wrenley loves her big sissy!  Such sweet girls!  

We are getting some unseasonably warm days this week.  We took Carlos' little sweater off of him, and for the first time in a couple of weeks he is not wearing any clothes.  He looks so naked!  No complaints about the warmer days, but I did hear plenty about the roads being muddy!  




This week is a week of appointments for us for some reason.  Sometimes when I schedule things, I look at the calendar later and wonder what the heck I was thinking.  Maybe I need a better secretary?  I guess I am just pleased that when we have to do all this running, the weather is a bit nicer than it has been.  I am thankful for that! 





No comments:

Post a Comment