Thursday, January 4, 2024

6 months








It dawned on me that when I was wigging out about dentist stuff, I saw this sweet girl on her 6 month birthday and didn’t even acknowledge it. The 1000 face baby is half a year old.  Hard to believe she is growing up so quickly!   She is the epitome of the perfect baby.  She never cries,  only fusses if she’s hungry or hot, loves her big sissy, and is always happy.  We absolutely adore her!  Madison said she weighed 16 pounds 2 oz today.  Almost doubling her birth weight.  Such a big girl!  Grandkids are the best!   

I didn’t have Evie today because she had to get her physical and kindergarten shots.   What?  How?   How is my sweet baby getting ready to start kindergarten?   I can not even think about it or I will tear up.   She’s my side kick.  I don’t want her to grow up so fast!   She has grown 4 inches taller this year!  The kid always has something she’s cooking up.   Her mind is a busy place. 


Lauren sent me this picture today.  Isn’t Bella cute?   Oh sorry Cameron - you’re cute too.  

I finally finished the master bathroom painting.  I have painted a lot of stuff, but this was by far the weirdest thing I’ve ever dealt with.  The wall behind the shower/toilet wouldn’t hold paint.  I would paint it, the paint wouldn’t dry, and when I would come back in a couple hours to see if it was dry, the dye from the paint would be running down the wall.  I assume they must have put something waterproof on the wall, which makes sense, but it was painted before?   I fought it for 2 days, and then I decided I had to do something different.  I ended up skim coating it with dry wall mud, letting it dry, sanding it down and then starting over with the paint.  It worked on 99% of the wall.  The 2 top corners still didn’t hold paint after I got done, but I managed to get enough coats to somewhat stick that you can’t tell anymore.  Of course then because of the amount of paint I kept bruising on, I hit the ceiling a couple times.  Then got caught in an infinite loop of hit the ceiling with wall paint, whoops hit the wall with ceiling paint. After 3 days of this nonsense, I finally just packed the paint and supplies up, hung up my new turtle sign that I found and thought was hilarious, put the outlet covers back on, and walked away.  I actually like how it turned out, and am so, so happy to be done with it.   

Last month, I was shopping with Spencer and Mallory and ran across some cool mermaid stuff.  I didn’t buy it.  Then had remorse.  I hit the stores here, but they didn’t have the same stuff. I looked online, but then decided maybe I wouldn’t want a mermaid bathroom long term.  The bathroom is Jim’s-  he uses it while the rest of us tend to get ready in the front bathroom.  He probably doesn’t want mermaids anyway, turtle poop signs are much more masculine.  I need to finish organizing our room a little more, and then this project is done.  Next up- kitchen drawers and cabinet purging.  The timing is good as Preston is looking to get an apartment this summer….I’ll find him some treasures!  

No comments:

Post a Comment