Wednesday, January 17, 2024




So I am running this post as a sort of test.  I have been having a lot of trouble with my blog posts not showing the photos I downloaded.  I am working on it, and honestly have no idea what went wrong.  I am a little bit frustrated, a little bit miffed, and a little confused.  Something that worked well for 15 years, then just one day stops working?  Of course, I know enough about technology to be just a tiny bit unhinged and dangerous.  :)  

This week has been sort of a 2.0 of last week.  Kids out of school Monday for the holiday, yesterday for weather and poor road conditions.  Today they went back, but it is now melting, which I know will just add a layer of water/ice on top of the already slick back roads.  I am dreading the bus route home.  I am sort of feeling like maybe we should just close school for the rest of the month and try again next month!  Except I know what February can be like, and I doubt it is going to be better.  I think I mentioned I pulled my hamstring.  I am so thankful to the girls, who have taken care of the animals outside in this horrible weather we have been having.  It is too cold for anything to be comfortable, but they have tried really hard.  I am proud of them for their work ethic.  I thought I was doing better, but in the night, I tripped on the dog (totally not Ollie's fault) and had a minor setback.  Poor Jim - sleep just didn't happen for either of us last night.  What I am learning is that I am getting old, and just can't fall or slip like I once did.  Heck, I remember sliding around in my socks when I was a kid, for fun, and playing human bowling in the hallway at Clovia....both of those things now would put me in a coma apparently.  

Prayers for peace and good weather appreciated here.  I am officially done with winter.  I hate it.  I hate the snow.  I hate the cold.  I hate the extra time it takes to do absolutely everything.  I need warm weather, sunshine, sandals, and swimming.  Or at least above freezing, no snow, and no insane wrenches thrown into my to do list.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment