Saturday, April 6, 2024

She’s rounded

 

















Ever since the great blog app fiasco, I have had to use the blog’s website.  I love blogging from my phone, since that is where all my photos are located, but the blog website makes it difficult to keep the pictures in the order I would like.  I guess it doesn’t matter that much.  Post photos are fairly self- explanatory right? 
Friday was kindergarten round up.  For 20 something years, I have been saying having it in April is cruel.  These 5 year olds get to go to “the big school” for a few hours and do all sorts of fun activities. They are told “you’re going to kindergarten!” And then they have to WAIT until AUGUST!   I know with our own kids, and now with Evie, 5 months is a long time for a 5 year old to wait!  
I am so proud of this little girl!  It is hard to believe how fast 5 years went by, and also hard to believe that this is the same kid who was laying in an incubator weighing 3 pounds, hooked to all those tubes and monitors, head the size of an orange, making all of us cry because they wouldn't let us hold and snuggle with her!  She has kicked butt, made us laugh, taught us all sorts of crazy lessons, kept us in line, and run my office for 5 years, and I just could have never imagined how blessed, and amazing it would be to be a grammy!  I hope we get dozens more grandkids!  The fun of grandparenting is definitely worth all the struggles of parenthood!  Wrenley has discovered the joy of solid food!  It makes me laugh how hungry she is!  Like nobody has ever fed her in her life!  And the happiness!  
This week crawled by.  I don't know why, but I felt that we would never get to the weekend.  I am sad to say that although we accomplished a lot of stuff, Saturday flew by in a flash and is already over.  I just wish a Saturday would last a little longer!  Jim and I did some yard work, and we taught Harper and Saige to drive the riding mower.  The lawn doesn't really need mowed yet, but they practiced driving and turning, and backing up in the school of Jim.  They did a great job!  With Preston deciding to not come home for the summer, we are hoping the girls will help with some of the hours a week that we spend mowing.  They don't have to do it all, but if they can cut down a couple of the hours we have to spend on weekends, that will be amazing!  Right now they are excited about it, but we will refrain from asking at the end of the season!  :)  
As I was taking a small break today, I got a facetime call from Cameron.  He and Lauren were out on a walk, and, after 2 years of living in Louisiana, they finally saw their first alligator "in the wild!"  They were so excited!  Cameron told me he named him Rocky, but that Lauren wouldn't allow him to bring the gator back to their apartment.  When we go to Baton Rouge next month, the literal only thing Evie has said is she wants to see and touch a gator - Maybe Lauren should have let him keep it just for a month - they do have a patio area?  




No comments:

Post a Comment