Monday, April 8, 2024

Eclipse day

Cameron texted to see if I had my eclipse glasses ready. Honesty, I think I threw away the ones from 2017, not realizing I would need them ever again.  Luckily, I when I took Evie to the bus, my sister asked me if I wanted some.  She got them for her daycare kids, then realized it was during nap time and was like no way am I waking them up for that!   


I ran home at lunch time, Jim was not feeling well today and had stayed home from work. He was not as enthusiastic as I was about being outside to watch things.  Betty and I made sure to protect our eyes!   I made Jim and I some lunch, and took mine out to the pool deck.  It was a pretty good viewing spot.  We didn’t have totality here, but it did get dimmer and the temperature did drop a couple of degrees.  I tried to take some photos, but it was a fail.  I wish the kids would have had the day off, as they were supposed to, as the school said there would be kids who would look at the sun and become blind so they didn’t let them outside.  Instead, they made them watch a simulation online.   They were making up # 2 of the 3 snow days they have to make up.  It makes me sad that the school doesn’t see the value in taking them out for the experience, but at the same time, I know exactly which kids would be blind this evening if they had handled it differently!  








Yesterday, I had a text from the same lady we got Betty from.  She had another set of triplets, and another rejected baby.  She still doesn’t want to raise a bottle kid, and asked if the girls wanted another baby to raise.  Saige took one look at the pictures and said yes!   We all know I have zero self control when it comes to baby anything - so off we went to pick up this sweet little 24 hour old kid!  A kid that Saige gave some Polish name to - a name which I cannot even begin to pronounce, much less spell. So I am calling her “Missy” because it sounds like a shortened version of the proper name she was given.  Betty looks like a monster compared to this tiny girl!  We might be crazy, but we sure are happy!   The girls are now bedded down on the floor with both babies in a kennel next to them.  Yea, I know. It’s a school night.  There are state assessments tomorrow.  Sleeping on the floor is not optimal, however this is where memories are made. I’m not stopping it.  To me, this is more important. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment