Saturday, April 13, 2024

Who likes sanity anyway?

 

First of all, let me say thanks be to God it is the weekend finally!  I was starting to think it was never gonna get here.  I am excited because today I am hanging out with one of my first besties in life. We have literally been friends for 47 years.  Does that make us old?  Extremely!   Does it make us crazier than ever?  Yes!  And what are we doing on our sneak away and play day?  Welp, we are headed out to an exotics auction, and then stopping off to see Preston on the way home.  I have big plans.  So big.  I have decided I can’t live without a water buffalo.  I mean look at its face.  Who doesn’t need to wake up and see that in the mornings?   I am sure he will lay down and fit right in the back of the Nissan.  I have a tarp!  It’s gonna be a great day!    
Ok this girl - is in KC this weekend at her first meet and greet at her new job.  She told me I cannot share the photos she sent me because they contain her badge.  So I cropped that part out.  She will share when she is ready, but I just couldn’t not share her face.  Look how happy she is!  She’s absolutely glowing and excited!  We are so proud of her!   Love me some Lauren!   I am equally excited that next month they will be living an hour away rather than 12.  Cameron had a couple of interviews yesterday. He told me he was not real excited about one of the potential jobs, but that beggars can’t be choosers. I’m sure he will find something he loves doing!  He’s resourceful.   


Speaking if smiling and happy!  She’s getting so big!  Hard to believe how fast the last 9 months have flown by! 








The critters- one of the reasons this week has felt long is because Missy is so tiny. She’s like having a newborn (because she is a newborn) in the house all over again.  She is so small she can’t eat much at a time, which means more feedings per day.  The girls took turns skipping school the first couple of days she was home.  They all went back yesterday and she did make it the 5 hour stretch between when the last of us leaves the house (and fed her as they were leaving) and when I get home from work.  She was soooo hungry though.  She will adjust and be fine - and growth will help with that.  Luckily, goats grow very rapidly.  Betty seems like a giant compared to Missy!  Betty is very sweet with her. I think she is happy to have a friend!   Goats are weirdly social but can also sometimes be bullies as they establish a pecking order.  Betty doesn’t seem to understand she is a goat, so that hasn’t been a problem so far.  
Andrew and my pullets are all feathered out now.  They are at their ugly teenage phase.  They have been the best bunch of eaters.  I can’t seem to keep the feeders full.  I am happy that we haven’t lost many and that they are getting bigger so they can go out into the bigger pens.  I was laughing to Jim though- I have 4 hens right now.  I get 4 eggs a day.  There was a time when that definitely would not have been enough, but now they sort of accumulate and then I find myself making breakfast for dinner or breakfast burritos.  When Madison was living here, baking all the time, we would have been buying eggs!   Some of these chickens are Andrew’s but living in town, they can only have 6 birds.  I’m pretty sure that won’t be enough considering how much the girls love scrambled eggs and how much baking that girl still does!   It’s ok- they can rob my stash and then bring me back some cookies!  
And now I must go- water buffalo and yaks are calling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment