Sunday, May 17, 2009

Another Wild Weekend

This is Jim - he played in the parent vrs. child game for Colin's team on Saturday. He is still paying the price for his efforts, as he somehow seems to have thrown out a hip and is limping. He still managed to get in a monster hit, steal 3rd and make it home before he decided he might be dieing! The parents did end up winning too!



The above are photos from the 4-H swine weigh in this weekend. This was the beginning of the rate of gain contest, as well as tagging the hogs which will be sold at the auction at the county fair. Colin's hog weighed 30 pounds more than the others even though they are litter mates and have been on the same exact diet. I told you that he was going to end up in his own pen on a special diet before August! (And a special thanks to Uncle Eric for driving our pigs safely to Osage City and back!)

This is Mallory on Friday evening (the one in the background not shoveling poo). I made the kids clean out their pig pen before the storms came in. She was fairly certain that she was going to be swept away in a tornado, and was very upset with me for even suggesting that the pig chores should come before her personal safety! She took the photos below out the front of the van on the way to grandma's house to prove the point that she might just die and it would be all my fault. The pigs had dry beds and clean feed and water just a little before we got 4.24 inches of rain in an hour. Needless to say, there were not tornados in this area, but we might have been swept away in a flood! I might not mention this to Mallory any time soon!









It was a busy weekend, full of fun times and lots of activity. I feel very blessed to be able to do all this stuff with my family. I hope that they will remember all this fun when they are grown!
Tomorrow, Cameron plays his first baseball game. From there, it is a downhill slope of ballpark hopping! I am looking forward to school letting out on Friday this week. The kids are tired of going, and have long ago stopped learning anything. They were pretty disappointed on Friday when their playday got postponed. My PTO group still fixed everyone at school lunch...we fixed 450 hotdogs on a grill at the front of the school. Luckily, the cooks agreed to bake the cookies, so I didn't have to do that! I think the lunch turned out pretty good, and the kids seemed to enjoy it. They will try their playday again this week. Cameron and Mallory and Madison all have their end of the year field trips this week as well. Overall, I don't see that this week will be too difficult! It will be nice to be done with school though, and onto summer activities!





1 comment:

  1. YOU KNOW THAT, THAT IS NOT NICE I DONT LIKE STORMS AND FYI IT WAS MADISON WHO TOOK THOSE PICTURES REMEBER I GOT BANED TO THE BACKSEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete